Sunday, January 14

Sunday's surprise turns sour

Jan14th, my dear friend's birthday!

We hadnt any plan to meet or sort and I wanted to surprise him by showing up at his with cake and all, early in the morning. So, following my little plan, I take an hour's ride to his, blow a balloon, light a candle and knock on his door and am all ready to sing.,...

No response. Try again...nothing. The bell doesnt seem to work either. So I try calling him. I cant hear his phone ring!! Grrrrrr! Several knocks....in vain.

So I leave the gift and the lone balloon by his door and return. On returning home I get a call from him. Apparently he felt the need to put his phone on silent mode such that he wouldnt disturbed by his mates in Oz who owing to the time difference might have called him too early. Evidently, my dear friend wanted his beauty sleep the day he turned 30.

I promised to catch up with him over the week. Sleep deprived, owing to early rise for the flop show - I snuggle up under my sheets. Strangely, the time got fast-forwarded to noon and my flatmates wanted to cook lunch.

Gunn suggests that Naidu and I do the dishes and start cutting vegetables. I am still half-asleep and do the dishes. Naidu attempts to organise and gets on with the cutting. After 2 hours of serious cutting, mixing, washing and tossing we managed a daal, pulao, raita and kats' special (which really didnt have a name as it had all the left over cut vegetables put together, mixed and fried with goat cheese, prego and milk). No, dont cringe, it actually got a 7 out of 10. (Rating done by our guest, Golds) whilst the other prepared dishes (scripted and repeated several times) got a max of just 5!

Had a short nap and watched a movie - 'Another country', which made me feel sorry. Then dinner at Pizza Hut with Jez, for which he was late. The cabbie, it seems wouldnt listen to him. I announce to him how I have given up alchol and how he has lost a drink buddy this year. He adviced that if my aim was indeed to give up alcohol this year then why not I push it to the end of this year instead of giving up now it self. He did have a point there..

Anyhow, apart from several other world-saving subjects we argued on how the pizaa that was served wasnt actually a 6 incher, why Rupert Everert is only cast for ga y roles, how cricket represents colonism in several ways, why the French are hated so much by the English and how Englsih language doesn't belong to the English anymore.

The rest of my evening was spent watching the BBC - 'Have your say'. The debate being, if Bush was right sending 20K more troops to Iraq. Right! As if Bush is all up waiting to hear me have my say and swirl to it!

This followed by 'The Apprentice'. I am beginning to question my telly watching habits.

No comments: